Breakfast is always one of my favourite meals of the day because I feel that it is the meal that sets the tone for the entire day. It not only breaks the overnight fast, but it also refuels your energy store and helps kick-start our metabolism to keep us going throughout the day! And what’s better than getting a breakfast upgrade with a creamy miso mushroom with your egg and toast. It is a straightforward recipe that consists of only five ingredients, so easy to prepare and cook.
I love pairing my miso mushroom with wholegrain toasts, some sliced avocados and tomatoes with a squeeze of lemon and some fresh basil. It is also a great lunch or dinner option where you can top the miso mushroom with rice, a fried egg and some stir-fried greens. Enjoy!
- 10 medium-sized button mushroom, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Melt the butter in a medium heated pan.
- 2 Add the chopped garlic to the butter and sauté for about 30 seconds or until the garlic has turned slightly brown.
- 3 Turn up the heat to high and add in the mushrooms. Sauté until the water dries out and the mushrooms turn brown.
- 4 Mix the miso paste with the water.
- 5 Turn off the heat and pour miso sauce onto the mushrooms, stir evenly and serve!