I love making smoothie bowls because you can get creative with them by making any combination of flavours and top it up with your favourite berries and crunchy things like granola and nuts! It also means a more satisfying meal than a regular smoothie because you can’t down it in 10 seconds. You can make them for breakfast as a full meal, or what I call the dessert-for-breakfast dish, as an in-between meal snack or even as desserts to impress any family and friends visiting.
This minty green smoothie bowl consists of the sweetness coming from the ripe frozen banana and mango, the added creaminess from the avocado and the addition of the lime juice, and mint leaves which remind me of sipping on a mojito! It is best consumed when fresh, though any leftovers can be kept in jars in the fridge for up to 1-2 days.
- 1 ripe banana, previously sliced and frozen
- 1 ripe mango, previously sliced and frozen
- A handful of mint leaves
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 1/4 ripe avocado
- Juice of 1 large lime
- 1 small knob of fresh ginger
- 1 cup of coconut water
- 1/2 cup of water
- Fresh berries or fruits (optional topping)
- Granola (optional topping)
- Raw or roasted nuts (optional topping)
- Shredded coconut (optional topping)
- 1 Blend all the smoothie ingredients in a blender until smooth and creamy.
- 2 Divide between two serving bowls and top with your favourite toppings.