Chia seeds have become a popular addition to a variety of healthy dishes. Whether you want to boost your smoothie or want a vegan alternative to eggs while baking, chia seeds are a great way to also add fiber and a bit of flavor to your diet.
Chia seeds are high in fiber, omega-3, calcium, phosphorus, and manganese. They also aid in weight loss since they make you feel full longer.
You can sprinkle chia seeds on yogurt, oatmeal, or cereal to add more fiber and protein to your breakfast. In this recipe, you not only have a sweet start to your morning, but also a healthy dessert that won’t leave you craving for a midnight snack.
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder
- Honey, to taste
- 4 teaspoons slivered almonds
- 4 teaspoons mini chocolate chips
- 1 In a medium-sized bowl, stir the matcha powder and chia seeds together. Add the almond milk and mix to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit in the refrigerator for 1 hour or until thick.
- 2 Stir in honey to sweeten and adjust the consistency with more almond milk, if preferred.
- 3 Serve in small bowls and top each serving with 1 teaspoon of almonds and 1 teaspoon of chocolate chips.