The holidays can get very busy. When it comes to cooking for a Christmas dinner or Noche Buena, you’ll want quick but delicious recipes that everyone will love. So far, my Christmas recipes have been full of pork or heavy meat dishes. I decided to add a seafood dish because it adds that special feel, but doesn’t take a lot of time to cook!
Salted egg is a popular ingredient trend this year. I decided to elevate the basic garlic butter prawns by adding this creamy, salty sauce. For the holiday season, it’s nice to have something that reminded you of the year that was. Garlic Butter Salted Egg prawns incorporates the salted egg trend, but remains classic and timeless. You can make this dish for the Christmas’s to come!
What I love about these garlic butter salted egg prawns is that it takes no time to cook. In 10 minutes, you can have a party-ready dish that will impress your guests.
If you need anything else as the holidays get closer and closer, don’t bother hitting up different places. Just get everything you need in Landers Superstore, with their 4 branches around Metro Manila:
Landers Alabang West
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1/3 cup of minced garlic
- 350 grams of shrimp/prawns
- 1 to 2 salted duck egg’s yolks
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (adjust to taste)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 baby leeks
- 1 red chili
- black pepper to taste
- In a hot wok, add oil and butter. Sauté garlic until fragrant.
- Drop in the shrimp or prawns, still in their shells.
- Cook until the shrimp turns orange. Remove and set aside.
- In the same wok, add more butter and garlic.
- Add in the salted duck egg yolks to the butter. Stir and mash the yolks to combine with the butter.
- Add the evaporated milk and bring to a simmer.
- Add fish sauce and sugar. Stir and continue to simmer.
- Put the shrimp back in the wok with the salted egg sauce. Stir to combine and coat all the pieces of shrimp with the sauce.
- Cover for a couple of minutes.
- Add white parts of the baby leeks to the wok. Stir.
- Add the chopped chilli and stir.
- Season with black pepper.
- Garnish with the green part of the baby leeks. Serve and enjoy!
Watch the full video guide to this recipe below!