A life update vlog AND a new recipe? You guys are in for a treat.
Hey guys! Here’s a little update on what’s been going on in my life recently, vlog-style! Let me know what other recipes you wanna see through twitter, FB, or Instagram– I see all your comments and love hearing from you guys.
But here I’m going to show you a recipe that almost every Filipino knows: TINOLA. A nice, warm bowl of tinola is the perfect thing after a long day or a tough workout, and it’s super simple to make. It’s got all the veg, protein, and flavor in one pot: super easy, super delicious. Try it out!
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 tbsp sliced ginger
- 4 lemongrass stalks
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 medium sized Half Ripe Papaya
- 2 handfuls malunggay leaves
- 2 handfuls chili leaves
- 4 green chilies
- enough hot water to cover chicken
- 3 tbsp sliced scallions
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Fry chicken on both sides until golden brown, season well with salt and pepper.
- 2 Remove the chicken, keep the oil in, add in the ginger, garlic and lemongrass for 5 mins.
- 3 Toss the chicken back in. Mix and cover with hot water.
- 4 Simmer for 20mins. Season with fish sauce.
- 5 Add in the papaya, simmer for an additional 15 mins. Toss in the leaves.
- 6 Serve and top with scallions.