Ever wondered how to make delicious and nutritious ice cream at home in less than 2 minutes? This recipe is one of the easiest recipes that you can make using frozen bananas, and it tastes just like the creamiest soft serve you can get from one of those gourmet ice cream shops! I have chosen blackberries for the flavour of my nice cream, but you are more than welcome to try it with other fruits such as mango, blackberries, and strawberries.
This recipe is dairy-free and refined-sugar free. So for anyone out there who usually gets a little bloated with too much dairy or sugar, why don’t you give this a go? Of course, you don’t have to be intolerant to dairy or refined sugar actually to give this a try. So stop what you are doing right now and put some bananas in the freezer!
- 2 frozen ripe bananas (make sure you peel and slice the bananas before you freeze them)
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 10 frozen or fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon almond butter (you can also substitute with peanut butter)
- Toppings (optional): more berries, shredded coconut, cacao nibs/chocolate chips, seeds and nuts
- 1 Mix all the ingredients (except the toppings) in a high-speed blender until smooth like soft serve, scoop into a bowl, sprinkle with your favourite toppings and enjoy!
- You can also make the ice cream in a larger batch and freeze them in the freezer. Thaw for about 5 minutes at room temperature before serving.
- If you don't have a blender, you can also use a food processor.
- Use whatever fruits you have available!