Kimchi Tuna Quinoa Recipe
Kimchi is a great addition to dishes like fried rice, as it's packed with flavor, spice, and nutrients. But other components of fried rice can drown out the benefits of kimchi, resulting in an overall unhealthy dish that should only be enjoyed once in a while. I decided to swap out the unhealthier parts of a kimchi fried rice with ingredients that won't ruin your diet-- specifically tuna and quinoa.
These ingredients are filling enough to get you through a busy day, but are lean and lower in sugar so you keep feeling good.
Watch the video here:
And try this dish out for yourself!
1 small red onion, diced
1 red chilli, chopped
3 brown mushrooms
1/3 cup of kimchi, chopped
1 can of century tuna, light, drained
1 egg, fried
½ cup quinoa, cooked
2 tbsp chopped parlsey
1. Start by browning your onions in 1 tsp of olive oil.
2. When they are soft, add in the chili and the kimchi.
3. 3 mins later, add in your mushrooms and toss everything around for 2 mins.
4. Add in the tunat and the quinoa. Cook for 2 mins.
5. Top with the fried egg and the parsley.
6. Season with salt and pepper