The New Fat Kid Inside
Every day I strive to become a better person, every week I make sure all my objectives are in check, every month I assure myself that I’ve reached my established years, and every year I reassess and set out new challenges and ideals that I need to attain. All of this simply to always be in a state of growth and progress.
In December, I looked at my site and thought it could be a lot better. I wanted to create something that could assemble everything about food, whether it is Filipino, foreign, recipes, videos, articles, guest posts, random blurs and silly laughs. I wanted to create an online destination for net wanderers, hungry spectators and aspiring cooks. I also needed a place where I could talk about all of my whims and not only be stuck in a certain format. This is why you are now on a new site, which I personally find much improved.
I scoured portfolios for hours and landed on Carina Santos’s site http://carina-santos.com/ , when I saw it I knew that she would be the perfect graphic fit for me. She worked on all the visuals and partnered up with my Online Strategist, Dart Tiglao. I have them to thank for making my chaotic ideas into something functional.
I invite you all to browse around, have a look at the new categories, be curious and explore. You will notice that I have some new Categories and Titles:
- Food: All the food recipes you’ve come to love.
- Drinks: I will be doing more and more cocktails in the future.
- Health & Fitness: All my health and fitness related posts.
- How To: Simple Instructionals and Guides
- Articles: I have some guest contributors who will be putting up some great articles. These are all food centric, all with different styles and they just explore how other people view food and all the different perspectives it has on our lives. They will be fun, whimsical, silly, inspiring or even sometimes depressing.
To understand what I’m talking about check out the imagery in the Ingredients and a Pen Series by Jojo Beloy, this first article is called Bagels in Holywood.
Or the fatty Southern Food review by Eric Panganiban, where he talks about his love for Bagnet.
Or why not read A Slice of Home of home by the impressive Mariyah Gozales. She has a way of making you feel like her food memories are yours.
And many more to come…
- Places: This could be restaurant reviews, travel posts…
- Pick of the Week: this will just be something interesting I want you guys to read.
- News & Promotions: I’ll be putting up all the exciting things I’m doing with different brands here.
It isn’t perfect, but its better and it will keep getting better.
Thank you for the support and for coming on the blog. It really does mean a lot to me. The only reason I do all of this is for all of you guys. Though I might not always respond, I read all the comments and notes and I always feel guilty when I run out of time and cannot post something new. Hopefully this new format will change all of that.
Happy Eating. Happy reading.
Your Fat Kid Inside.